Bilingual Legal Administrative Assistant
General Administrative Assistant responsibilities for practice and case management duties include perform clerical tasks and complete various duties in order to support attorneys throughout their activity: conducting research, managing calendars, schedules and correspondence, preparing checklists for trials, answering phone calls, solving or referring inquiries, and greeting clients.
- Employs best practices to keep cases organized by establishing and organizing files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; inputting information into file database and case management software; confirming case status with attorney.
- Contacts clients to keep them informed concerning appointments, consults, and billing matters.
- Maintains case costs by verifying outstanding balances with attorney, clients, and providers.
- Supports case preparation by preparing case checklists and materials for court appearances.
- Organizes materials for LONK Team case review.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Open/date stamps all general correspondence.
- Checks voicemail in the morning, early afternoon, and prior to leaving for the day.
- Maintains call log and mail entries.
- Scans and files documentation daily.
- Develops and maintains current and accurate case filing system, digital drive and manual files.
- Faxes and copies legal and supporting documents as needed.
- Inputs and revises calendar appointments/court dates/ other important dates and milestones.
- Opens and closes cases on a timely basis.
- Provides word-processing and secretarial support as required to support the business.
- Enters billing/invoice information into CLIO Manage.
- Uses CLIO Grow for client intake; CLIO Manage for case management.
- Assists office staff and be a team player.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Compiles and revises contact lists.
- Travels offsite for mail purposes.
- Greets and assists and/or direct clients and vendors.
- Continues to learn about immigration case types, processes and procedures.
- Enhances the creation and revision of immigration processes and procedures protocol/manual under the direction of leadership.
- Attends periodic case review meetings for status and billing direction.
- Creates reports including Excel spreadsheets to provide updates to job responsibilities and tasks, client billing status (accounts receivable), consult tracking report with source information, and checklists for each case.
Skills and Qualifications:
Fluent in Spanish and English, Reporting Skills, Research Skills, Legal Administration Skills, Client Relationships, Organization, Planning, Attention to Detail, Specialized Software, Billing and Collection, Dependability, Follow-Up, Working Independently, Client and Business Confidentiality.