Special Class Visas

There are many other visa categories for specific situations. These special class visas include visas for temporary travel, nonimmigrant purposes, and other immigrants.

Special class visas may require approval through United States programs or procedures before the visa can be granted. This includes approval through the Department of Labor (DOL), Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVIS), or the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Special class visas include:

  • A Visa: Diplomats or foreign government officials
  • A-2 Visa: Foreign military personnel stationed in the U.S.
  • B-1 Visa: Business visitors or amateur or professional athletes competing for prize money
  • B-2 Visa: Visitor for tourism, vacation, or medical treatment
  • C Visa: Transiting the U.S.
  • CW-I Visa: Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands transitional workers
  • D Visa: Crewmembers on sea vessels or international airlines
  • DV Visa: Diversity visa for immigrants from countries with low rates of immigration to the
    United States
  • E Visa: Treaty trader or investor
  • F Visa: Academic student
  • G1-G5 Visa: Employees of designated international organizations
  • H-2A/B Visa: Temporary workers
  • H-3 Visa: Training in a program not primarily for employment
  • I Visa: Media and journalists
  • J Visa: Physician, professor, scholar, teacher, or au pair (exchange visitor)
  • K Visa: Fiancé(e) to marry a U.S. Citizen & live in U.S.
  • M Visa: Nonacademic or vocational studies
  • NATO Visa: Employees of NATO
  • NATO1-NATO6 Visa: Foreign military personnel stationed in the U.S.
  • M Visa: Vocational student
  • O Visa: Foreign national with extraordinary abilities in science, arts, education, business
    or athletics
  • P Visa: Performing athlete, artist, or entertainer
  • Q Visa: International cultural exchange visitor
  • R Visa: Religious worker
  • SB-1 Visa: Returning residents
  • TN Visa: NAFTA professional worker from Mexico or Canada
  • V Visa: Nonimmigrant visa for spouse and children of LPR

Contact Us

If you have any questions about applying for a visa to enter the U.S., including special class visas, contact Law Office of Nita Kundanmal today. We handle special class visas in New Jersey and New York and throughout the United States.

Contact Us Today

If you need legal advice relating to any immigration matter, you should contact an experienced immigration attorney as soon as possible to give you the best chance for success. Contact the Law Office of Nita Kundanmal for help with your immigration concerns.